That’s the question you might be asking if you’re like me. My goal is to do the least amount of exercise possible and still be fit.
And it turns out that less is more when it comes to working out. Those extreme Biggest Loser-style workouts are actually counterproductive. Short bursts of high intensity movement are much more effective.
And when I learned that 12 minutes is all it takes when you’re doing that type of exercise, I was so intrigued I just had to try it.
I bought PACE Express fully intending to return it within 30 days if I didn’t like it. But guess what, I didn’t return it because I love it and I think you will too.
PACE Express is a six-week program of high intensity workouts that can be tailored to any fitness level. No special equipment is required. Read on to learn more about PACE Express and my review after using it for the last two months.
My review of PACE Express
PACE = Progressively Accelerating Cardiopulmonary Exertion
I’m used to doing kettlebells several times a week and I consider myself to be in decent shape for someone approaching sixty. (While evaluating PACE Express, I only did one short kettlebell workout a week.) So I was pleasantly surprised that my muscles were a little sore, in a good way, after working out with PACE Express. Not only that, by the end of the six weeks my heartbeat recovery rate improved. I also feel that my lung capacity increased and that I have less stiffness in the lower back.
Even though these are short workouts, they’re challenging. Afterwards, I’m a little tired, a little sweaty but very proud of myself for sticking with it.
Top 10 things I like about PACE Express
- There’s a lot of variety. There are six DVDs, one for every week. Each DVD has six exercise routines which are different every day. You do one routine a day and on the seventh day you rest.
- Each 12 minute routine is broken down into three sessions that last four minutes apiece. There’s a two minute break in between sessions to take your pulse and let your heartbeat recover.
- A timer on the screen counts down the four minutes, and the instructor is really good about cuing for the next move.
- Every exercise is demonstrated for different fitness levels: low impact, standard and advanced. You can mix and match as you go along.
- You don’t get bored because there are eight exercises and each one is only performed for 30 seconds. Every day the exercises are different, and the instructors are switched out so you don’t get tired of looking at the same people.
- A music tract accompanies the exercises which you can turn off if you want.
- You don’t need weights or any special equipment. There are a couple of floor exercises where a mat might come in handy, or you could just exercise on carpet.
- You don’t need a timer to take your pulse as the instructor keeps track of the time.
- This is a great value for everything you get. The DVDs alone are worth at least $10 apiece. Each one has 72 minutes of exercise, 432 minutes total. Plus there’s a bonus DVD with additional exercises for abs, hips, buns and thighs.
- There’s a 30-day money back guarantee. This was a big factor for me in deciding whether or not to give it a try.
PACE Express workout DVDs with inspiring before and after photos
You also get these tools for losing or maintaining weight
Diet and exercise are both important elements in losing or maintaining weight, but diet is about 80 percent of the equation. These tools, included in the PACE Express package, will help you succeed with that:
- Dr. Sears’ Gourmet Cookbook. Contains low glycemic recipes, meal plans and a glycemic guide for maximum fat loss
- Kick Start Your Fat Loss in Just 6 Days. A six-day quick start nutrition plan. This is a very strict plan. Two of the days only allow leafy green vegetables and water.
- 7 Steps to High Speed Fat Loss. An explanation why conventional diets don’t work and why we should eat an ancestral diet.
- On the Go Nutrition Glycemic Index Pocket Guide. A handy guide for when you’re eating out.
- PACE Express Calipers. A more accurate way of measuring fat loss.
Take a look at the PACE workout in action
Final evaluation of PACE Express
PACE Express workouts are suitable for everyone: men and women, young and old. You’ll notice your heart and muscles getting stronger. As time goes on, you can progressively increase the intensity of your workouts so that you never plateau or get bored. You can look forward to more flexibility, better balance, improved endurance and the satisfaction of keeping a commitment to yourself.
Learn more about why you only have to exercise 12 minutes a day
Visit PaceExpress.com to read the success stories, get more information on exercising 12 minutes a day and to order the PACE Express DVDs.
Less is more when it comes to cardio
Here are some articles if you’re interested in learning why HIIT or high intensity interval training, like PACE Express, is better than long duration cardio: