Cabinet knobs make great finials for old curtain rods When it comes to curtain rods, it’s all about the finials. They add style and flair to what would otherwise be an ordinary pole. But what if you can’t afford to replace your old curtain rods. Even just buying new finials can be expensive. So I […]
Kitchen flooring is quite an investment and it’s reasonable to expect it to last a good ten years. So when our DuraCeramic vinyl flooring starting flaking off after only four years, I couldn’t believe it. Then I remembered that the manufacturer, Congoleum, has a limited lifetime warranty on DuraCeramic. Unfortunately, trying to get them to […]
Do you have some old wood furniture that needs a little sprucing up? Through the years it’s probably collected layers of grime and some scratches. Well you can bring it back to life without the hassle of stripping off the old finish and staining the piece. I recently inherited this antique wood desk that was […]
HELLO AND WELCOME!
My name is Lynda Makara. I’m an artist, DIYer and dancing queen. My love of color, sparkles and shiny things shows in everything I do.
Creating art and beauty all around me is my passion, and that’s what this blog is about. It’s about art. It’s about home. It’s about inspiring you.
So come on in to my home of happy art, tutorials and creativity. Let’s have fun!
- Is Jeffree Star’s magic star concealer good for mature skin?April 25, 2019 - 2:04 pm
- Mom’s console TV becomes flat screen TV cabinet | retro modern makeoverApril 1, 2019 - 12:59 pm
- My cold brew coffee recipeJanuary 20, 2019 - 9:37 pm
- DIY silver hair tonerOctober 30, 2018 - 2:10 pm
- The gray hair tag: Answering 10 questions about my gray hairSeptember 3, 2018 - 12:17 pm