Last year, after a long and never-ending battle with gophers eating my lawn in the backyard, I decided to rip it out and install modern, low maintenance landscaping. I also felt it would add value to the property by creating an outdoor living space. So I hired a landscape architect to draw up a plan […]
Digging out your lawn is a tough job, but I’ve discovered there are ways to make it somewhat easier. Right now I’m nearly finished removing all the grass in the backyard, almost 2,000 square feet, to make way for new landscaping. And I’m doing it all by myself with a shovel. In the beginning it […]
What works and what doesn’t to get rid of pocket gophers I’m declaring war on gophers. They’ve been going to town in my backyard long enough. In fact, it’s been going on for decades on this property. For years my dad used traps to kill them, but that’s pretty gross and not something I can […]
HELLO AND WELCOME!
My name is Lynda Makara. I’m an artist, DIYer and dancing queen. My love of color, sparkles and shiny things shows in everything I do.
Creating art and beauty all around me is my passion, and that’s what this blog is about. It’s about art. It’s about home. It’s about inspiring you.
So come on in to my home of happy art, tutorials and creativity. Let’s have fun!
- Keto diet results year 2 | keto after 60June 5, 2019 - 6:02 pm
- Dyeing my silver hair lavender with Arctic Fox girls nightMay 24, 2019 - 3:32 pm
- Is Jeffree Star’s magic star concealer good for mature skin?April 25, 2019 - 2:04 pm
- Mom’s console TV becomes flat screen TV cabinet | retro modern makeoverApril 1, 2019 - 12:59 pm
- My cold brew coffee recipeJanuary 20, 2019 - 9:37 pm