This year I planted my first vegetable garden in many years. My motivations were to save money on food and be able to eat nutritious organic vegetables within minutes of harvesting. One of my choices was yellow squash because it’s low carb, easy to grow and has lots of vitamins. I was so excited watching […]
I always keep a bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs on hand for those times when I don’t feel like cooking something elaborate. Today is one of those days when I want something tasty without dirtying up a pan. This dish goes from freezer to plate in an hour. I just put a piece […]
Here’s a really simple recipe with just two main components, chicken and pesto. I’m always looking for ways to use the abundant basil growing in my yard. My favorite thing is to make homemade pesto. And I discovered it’s really delicious on baked chicken. A generous coating of pesto seems to insulate the chicken and […]
HELLO AND WELCOME!
My name is Lynda Makara. I’m an artist, DIYer and dancing queen. My love of color, sparkles and shiny things shows in everything I do.
Creating art and beauty all around me is my passion, and that’s what this blog is about. It’s about art. It’s about home. It’s about inspiring you.
So come on in to my home of happy art, tutorials and creativity. Let’s have fun!
- Sun and moon wall art collectionAugust 8, 2018 - 10:05 pm
- Tips for dyeing and maintaining lavender hairJuly 31, 2018 - 4:58 pm
- Toning my Zala hair extensions silverJuly 16, 2018 - 8:15 pm
- Making the Morning Star sun sculpture with paperclay and recycled materialsJuly 9, 2018 - 1:59 pm
- Wearing high heels after a broken ankleJuly 3, 2018 - 11:33 pm