Anyone with basic sewing skills can make a pair of peacock earrings like the ones in this beading tutorial. You just need a few simple sewing tools, along with some wire, needlenose pliers and, of course, beads! This is a new beadweaving technique that I developed, and I’ll explain how it came into being. You […]
Do you have some old mason jars you don’t know what to do with? Why not turn them into unique lamps! The one I’ve done here shows you just how fun and funky you can get with a humble glass jar. And you’re not limited to using mason jars. Any jar of a similar size […]
The thrift store is a good resource for cheap, interesting, and sometimes ugly, supplies to use for your DIY arts and crafts projects. I look for old frames, mirrors, whiteboards, candlesticks and wood plaques. One day I went looking for a mirror and found this little gem. It was hideous and falling apart. It was […]
HELLO AND WELCOME!
My name is Lynda Makara. I’m an artist, DIYer and dancing queen. My love of color, sparkles and shiny things shows in everything I do.
Creating art and beauty all around me is my passion, and that’s what this blog is about. It’s about art. It’s about home. It’s about inspiring you.
So come on in to my home of happy art, tutorials and creativity. Let’s have fun!
- Does Aldi irish butter whip Kerrygold?February 17, 2020 - 5:35 pm
- Three unique ways to wear pinsFebruary 12, 2020 - 6:26 pm
- Do Aldi free range eggs beat Vital Farms pasture raised eggs?February 8, 2020 - 1:53 pm
- DIY electrolyte drink | stop keto flu and muscle spasmsJanuary 24, 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Easy keto beef jalapeño skilletDecember 13, 2019 - 10:31 pm